2013年9月13日星期五

Dog Bite Blues

Howdy,


I just want to vent on record (since I don’t want to make the owners feel worse), that I’ve been bitten 4 times in 3 days by 2 dogs. And they were both stupid “rescues.”


The first one was an older female that must have seen some abuse when younger. She belongs to a member of my ukulele group and went bananas when I reached for my uke case at the end of the night. She flipped out and got me three times below the knee like a cobra before I could even react. Broke the skin through Carharts, but it didn’t bleed. Sure hurt for a while though.
   The second one was a 5-month old puppy with those little needle-teeth. I was playing with her and she also was too fast for me. She just looked at me and then ZAP! right on the lip. It was a small cut, but it sure bled a lot.


I have to say that the emotional hurt is the worst part. I love dogs and have grown up with them and never been bitten before. Now I feel slightly betrayed. And I’m also getting tired of being hurt physically. I think I’ve learned to just roll with it nowadays. I do think my lip will scar though.


Take Care!


没有评论:

发表评论